Today, EA revealed the changes and improvements that have been made to the career path for FIFA 21. And unlike previous years, EA is actually making some big and significant improvements in the forgotten way. To accompany the burst of information, a brand new trailer is also unveiled that offers a more surface-level view in mode, which can be viewed at the top of the article.
Included in improvements and changes are player development, match simulation, transfers, training, AI, schedules, and match sharpness. Does any of them give complexity and depth as well Football manager? No, not even close, but it is certainly a big step in the right direction.
Below, you can read a formal and quick overview of major changes and improvements:
- Sim Interactive Interview: A whole new way to play your season. Jump in and out of gameplay during matches to control the outcome of the match, change the course of a game by controlling key moments like penalties and free kicks, and make changes directly from the sim while monitoring your players̵7; performance levels and match stats.
- Player development: Enjoy more control over the growth of your players in FIFA 21. The training of the new position allows you to turn your right back by murmuring in the right wings, midfielders scoring goals in false 9s and more, while the new plans of development allow you to focus your team development on areas where you want to match your team’s style of play.
- Match sharpness and active training: Get to know more about your team’s performance levels with match sharpness, a new attribute that shows how likely your players are to perform at the most important moments during a game. Increase sharpness with a new Active Training System that gives you the ability to schedule group training sessions to improve the chances of your attackers missing out on great chances, or defenders making key decisions that make the difference between winning and losing.
- Program Planning: Schedule your team training schedule with a new activity management system. Decide when to train and when to rest during the week as you balance the sharpness of your players with morale and fitness to keep your team firing across the cylinders.
- Supervised opposition AI: Extended opposition AI sees opponents approach games with more intelligence both in defense and attack. New systems create more informed AI decision-making in scoring, solving, passing and dribbling to present you with more challenges during each game, keeping your Career fresh from game to game.
- New transfer options: Extended transfer realism provides both human and AI-controlled teams with new ways to sign players. Borrow to purchase offers with future transfer fees to provide new talent for your team, and respond to player exchange initiatives initiated by the AI manager as you wish to strengthen your team each transfer window.
For more cash value details on everything new, changed and improved inside FIFA 21 career path click here. In terms of career mode updates, it is one of the largest in years.
FIFA 21 is in development for PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS5, Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch. It is currently scheduled to be released worldwide on October 9th.
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.