Anyone in the United States who maintained a Google Plus account between January 1, 2015 and April 2, 2019 and believes they were affected by a security flaw that Google discovered in 2018, can now sign up for a payment from a class action solution . The lawsuit has been settled for a total of $ 7.5 million. A member of the class action is entitled to pay up to $ 12 after attorney fees and other costs are calculated, although this may vary depending on the number of people filing a claim. You have until October 8 to register.
Although Google said at the time that there was no evidence the exposed data had ever been reached, the company did not forget time to announce that it would shut down its social network after publicly acknowledging the loss. When announcing the closure, Google said its social network had seen “low usage and engagement”;, which is surprising given that it has never managed to compete against serious social media like Facebook and Twitter.
Although a solution has been reached, Google denies the allegations made in the lawsuit. She denies any wrongdoing and believes that no user “has suffered any harm or injury due to software bugs”.
If you are interested in making a request, then you can do so on the agreement website, where you will need to provide the email address associated with your Google Plus account. As well as maintaining an account between the dates listed, your data should be exposed as part of the security loss (Google has previously said that approximately 500,000 users have been affected). A final hearing on justice is scheduled for November 19th.