Jake Paul Is NOT being backed by his next boxing match with the NBA star Nate Robinson despite the mysterious FBI investigation involving him, TMZ Sport has learned
In fact, our sources say Jake is focusing on fighting to help keep his mind from disaster while it all plays out.
Paul vs Robinson was originally scheduled for September 12 in the big box Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. fight in the Thriller … though reports say the date is being pushed back until November 28th.
We did some digging to find out if Jake’s legal situation had anything to do with the new date – and as one source put it, “Now, Jake Paul has been confirmed yet. Don’t expect that to change.”
As we reported earlier, The FBI raided his home in Calabasas Wednesday – seizure of multiple firearms from the residence.
Officials say the investigation stems from alleged criminal activity that came down to a George Floyd protests at Scottsdale Fashion Square back in May.
Paul was originally charged with minor offenses for his alleged role in the incident, but that charge was dropped.
The FBI has now taken over the investigation into Pal – although they have not specifically said what he is accused of doing wrong.
Meanwhile, we are told that Jake has transmitted his energy in boxing training … working continuously over the past few days.
Our sources also say that Jake is trying to limit communication with friends outside of his boxing team.
He has also re-evaluated his friendships in order to cut down on negative influences.
We are told that Jake has also severed ties with his ex-boyfriend Armani Izadi – whose home in Vegas was also attacked last week.
As for the fight, Jake and Nate have been talking trash to each other for months – and it seems they are able to quarrel whether it is in a ring or on the road.